About Laboratory Services
Advanced lab technology makes possible the essential examinations your treatment may require.
- Our embryologists, andrologists and technicians are highly qualified and fully versed in the latest fertility techniques.
- We operate in a clinically clean laboratories with intelligent lighting, air handling to prevent airborne contamination and HVAC systems for optimum temperatures.
- We deploy the latest biomedical equipment and technology including powerful microscopes, state-of-the-art embryo incubators, monitoring and genetic analysis systems.
- Our labs follow international quality assurance protocols, the latest embryology advances and global best practices for specimen integrity and confidentiality.
PGD: Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis
Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis of monogenetic diseases and chromosomal defects can rule out, or confirm, whether prospective parents are genetic disease carriers. The results are used to dictate treatment ensuring that only embryos free of the disease are transferred into the mother’s uterus.
This is genetic screening for couples to identify serious recessive diseases caused by both biological parents carrying the same damaged genes. It’s a preventative measure that reduces the chance of couples transmitting recessive genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis or sickle cell, to their children from 1 in 200 to around 1 in 10,000.
This test is used to diagnose diseases on the cellular level and mostly checks for infection, inflammatory disease of the urinary tract, cancer, or precancerous conditions. Today it is the prime test to identify precancerous changes to the cervix which could be the precursor to cervical cancer.
* Egg donation is not allowed by law in Germany and we do not offer this service in Germany.